TVYLL Girls -Coach Registration
Welcome and Thank YOU for volunteering to coach!
We believe that coaching youth sports is one of the most important and rewarding jobs that one can have! Whether you are a first year coach or a multi-year experienced coach, every coach has the opportunity to make a positive impact for many years to come. Big thanks to you for volunteering your time to coach.
TVYLL embraces the POSITIVE COACHING ALLIANCE program for DOUBLE GOAL COACHING which include as follows:
Coaches will model and teach players respect through Honoring the Game (ROOTS). Players focus on mastering the sport, which leads to higher effort, learning and improved athletic performance. Athletes also will have more FUN and feel good about what they are accomplishing because coaches are empowering them with positivity as they fill their Emotional Tanks!
The Positive Coaching Alliance Model also creates opportunities for better coach/parent/player relationships with Coach/Parent Partnership, Empowering Conversations and creating Culture Keepers of the game.
Upon completion of players registration on 8/10/19, final plotting of players by geographic area, will determine the final # of teams and coaches for Fall Season. The Boys and Girls Director will be contacting you.
What Coaches can expect from TVYLL
- Automatically part of the Coach Council which is forum for input to improve and grow the game as a whole community
- Paid US Lacrosse Membership (Required by US Lacrosse for all coaches) $50 value
- Paid PCA Certification I & II (Required by TVYLL for all coaches) $30 value each
- Paid Background Check (Required by TVYLL for all coaches) $25 value
- Coach Materials: TVYLL provides Rage cage, coach bag, lacrosse balls, cones, first aid kit, stopwatch, whistle, etc. for each team to be used during the entire season.
- Goalie Gear and stick for each team for use during the season.
- Coach Handbook with clearly defined rules, checklists and policies
- Practices Drills and Plans by Division (access to USL Mobil coach and resources)
- Coach development/training opportunities.
- Opportunities to be part of other committees such as rules, recognition, education, risk management and sportsmanship.
- Potential opportunity for subsidy for higher learning opportunities (US Lacrosse CEP Level 1 aka coach certifications) as we work towards becoming the first US Lacrosse Gold Sticks Program in the State.
Open to: Men & Women